Turnavore Mine - the name 'Turnavore' is believed to be derived from the tin being discovered when a turf, or 'vore', was dug to expose the tin underneath.
Turnavore mine worked one side of Trevaunance Coombe and Wheal Kitty worked the other. Turnavore was reopened to exploit the same tin veins as the extremely profitable ones at Wheal Kitty.
Eventually Turnavore mine became part of St Agnes Consols (Polberro Consols)
1936 The closure of Turnavore marked the end of deep mining in St. Agnes.
Turnavore Engine House today is on private property and there is no public access.
St Agnes Area Mines