Wheal Prosper Mine engine houses are on the southwest coast of Cornwall, 3 miles from Porthleven on the southern end of the granite outcrop known as the Godolphin-Tregonning Granite. Wheal Prosper Mine overlooks Rinsey Cove and Porthcew Beach with the buildings at Trewavas Head.
1832 to 1849 mine had raised an average of 860 tons of ore per annum between 1832 and 1849.
1860. Wheal Prosper Mine opened but was never to be prosperous. The engine house has a mixed construction of granite and slate (killas) taken largely from small quarries on the clifftops nearby.
1866 Rinsey Mine as it is also known , closed. It had produced mainly tin with a little copper from the 'Porthcew Lode'. It has three main shafts - Leeds shaft, just seaward of the present car park; Michell's Whim Shaft lying just south of the path leading down to the recently refurbished 30-inch pumping engine house over Engine Shaft. Michell’s shaft is reported to extend 420ft below the surface.
Wendron Mining District