A tin producer, started back in the 17th century, worked intermittently during
the 19th century, and re-worked from 1913 to 1929. The adits, opencuts and other
ruins lie in woodland adjacent to the slip road from the village to the A39
Ref.: B. Atkinson: Mining Sites in Cornwall, Vol. 2, Dyllansow Truran (1994)
The Kerrier Council use a variant on the spelling "The industrial remains
also include those of Wheal Magdalene and
Roscrow, United Mines and to the east is Cosawes Gunpowder Works and Quarry"
Wendron Mining District