1862 Lostwithiel and Fowey Railway Act.
1863 the construction of the Fowey to Lostwithiel mineral railway was commenced. The line was built to carry goods traffic and iron ore from the Restormel Iron Mine to Fowey for shipment by sea.
1869 The The Lostwithiel and Fowey Railway was opened and in 1883 passenger traffic commenced.It was a broad gauge (7 ft 0.25 in) railway.
1880 Service suspended.
1892 The company was disolved and the line transferred to Cornwall Minerals Railway. The line was reconstructed to standard gauge, the jetties at Carne Point rebuilt, and a short connection made to link the two railways, finally bringing the line from Lostwithiel to a station at Fowey.
1895 Reopened by Cornwall Minerals Railway
1896 a staion was built at Golant. Steam trains ran the line until 1964 when diesel units were first introduced. The station finally closed as part of the Beeching cuts on 2nd January 1965 and since then the line has only carried cargoes of china clay.
1968 Par to Fowey line closed