1851 Mining commenced again at Geevor under the name North Levant, and by 1860 undersea exploration was being carried out from Goldsworthy's Shaft
1867. In the burial ground of the Wesleyan Chapel of St. Just may be seen a tombstone, which bears record of the sad event as follows:—Sacred to the memory of James, aged 20, and John, aged 15 years, sons of James and Nanny Thomas of Bollowall, in this Parish, who were drowned (with three others) by the holing to a house of water in North Levant Mine on the 1st of April 1867.
1873 Kellys. North Levant tin and copper mine is in the parish of St. Just in Penwith, situated 7 miles from Penzance, which is the nearest railway station and shipping place. The mine is held under a lease of 21 years at a royalty of 1-24th. Law's Engine or main shaft is sunk 150 fathoms, Stennick Shaft 115 fathoms. There are six known main lodes. The mine is worked and drained by steam power. The company is on the costbook system and consists of 2,000 shares. Pursers S. HIGGS and sons Penzance. Manager James BENNETTS. Captain Henry EDDY
1891 'North Levant' stopped working due to the generally depressed state of the mining industry in the far west.
1893 North Levant Mine (Richard White, purser)Trewellard
1905 it was purchased by the West Australian Gold Fields Company. The new management renamed the company as 'North Levant and Geevor Ltd.', with its main shaft being Wethered Shaft. The mine survived the turmoil of the First World War and a new shaft was sunk in 1919 to commemorate the Allies victory the previous year. This was Victory Shaft.
1920 The North Levant sett was incorporated with that of Geevor Mine. Thus, it may be referred to as the North Levant Section of Geevor Mine. It should not be confused with the Levant Section.
St Just Area Mines, Cornwall