Wheal Kitty mined tin 1852–74.
1856 Kellys. Wheal Kitty Mine is in the parish of Uny Lelant, Cornwall. It is held under a lease, at a royalty of 1–15th. The depth of the mine is 120 fathoms, and the bottom levels have laid open a considerable quantity of good tin ground. The mine is now worked for tin. The company is on the costbook system, and consists of 1,024 shares. The dividends in 1855 were £1,024, or £1 per share. The purser is W. Richards, of St. Agnes.
1873 Wheal Kitty mine is in the parish and mining district
of Lelant. It is held under a lease for 21 years at royalty of 1-15th. The depth
of the mine is 180 fathoms below adit. The country is granite, the known lodes
in the sett are numerous, running in various directions. This mine is worked
by four steam engines of 34-inch 28.5 inch 20-inch and 20-inch cylinders. The
only mineral found is tin. The company is on the costbook system, and consists
of £1,024 shares of £4. The nearest railway station is St. Ives
Road two miles distant. Purser James B. COULSON Penzance. Agents William ROSEWARNE
and Philip RICHARDS.
Surface Agent William EDMONDS. No appointed Manager. There are 160 persons employed
1875–81 it appears to have operated as Wheal Sisters.
1882 William John Williams was killed in Wheal Sisters
St Ives, Zennor and St Erth Mines