Morvah Consols Mine remains of this mine lie on the coast to the north-east of the hamlet of Morvah, on the Pendeen - St Ives road (B3306).
Production: 1873: 6 tons black tin (Dines). 1874: 5.9 tons (Burt et al)
1820s, the mine was probably opened for the first time.
1851 it was described as "a new mine, on the coast" in which a "very promising copper lode" had been discovered which could be worked by a waterwheel. The mine was divided into 160 shares which were owned by some of the Levant shareholders. The manager was a Captain Goldsworthy, who may have been Ralph Goldsworthy, managing agent at Levant in the early 1850s, Bosorne Mine in 1854 and Cape Cornwall Mine from 1864. Earlier workings are recorded by Allen Buckley, who described a Whele Chapell Morveth or Whele Myther, operating in 1508.
1871 to 1875, the current remains were built when the sett was acquired by John Hammon from the White brothers of Bojewyan. After the formation of a company with a nominal capital of £15,000, Hammon sold the sett on for £1000 and 1000 fully paid-up £3 shares. The managing agent was Thomas Bennetts, who had been agent at Spearne Consols in 1866.
1873 An engine was bought from Balleswidden Mine in a 24-inch, single acting with a 9-foot stroke. This was used for pumping and stamping and was to be used later for winding. Very little work was actually carried out at the mine
1873 Morvah Consols tin and copper mine is held under lease for 21 years, granted by Richard Henry and Thomas WHITE, at a royalty of 1020th. There are six known Lodes, running north-east and south-west. Cross courses are numerous. The dip is 2 feet in the fathom; depth of engine shaft is 17 fathoms. The country is granite. The mine is worked and drained by a steam engine of 30- inch cylinder. The company is on the Limited liability system. This mine was opened by the present adventurers in 1872. Purser & Manager Thomas BENNETT, Sancreed. Chief Agent Robert NOYE
1875 the mine was closed by order of the Stannaries Court, having produced only 5 tons 18 cwt of tin concentrate. In January that year there had been no money to pay wages and the mine was put up for sale. However on the day of the sale the mine's workers appeared and intimidated the auctioneer into abandoning the sale. The inquiry of the Stannary Court into the machinations of some of the directors was to last until 1877.
1929 An attempt to reopen the mine was made but came to nothing.
St Ives, Zennor and St Erth Mines