Carnelloe Tin Mine, Zennor, Cornwall

Carnelloe Tin Mine, Zennor, Cornwall

Carnelloe Consols mined copper 1853–56, and 1862–66. Then Carnelloe Consols mined tin 1872–73, 1871–74

Carnelloe Tin mine, Zennor is situated 1 mile from Zennor church town, immediately over Porthglaze cove and near the Gurnards Head, 5 miles from St. Ives, the nearest shipping place, and 7 miles from Penzance, the nearest railway station; it is held under a lease of 21 years from 1871, granted by John HAWKIN, esq., and pays dues of 1-18th. There are five lodes in a distance of about 40 fathoms. Water power only is used for drawing and other processes, and about 15 hands are employed. The company is on the costbook system. Purser George NETTLE. Manager William RICH. Chief Agent William ENNOR

It also appears to have used the name Zennor Consols (Carnelloe Consols; Carnellow Consols)

St Ives, Zennor and St Erth Mines