Carn Galver Mine, Cornwall

Carn Galver Mine, Cornwall

Carn Galver Mine appears to have operated 1851–59, and 1871–77, 1882, becoming in 1907 Bosigran Consols

Kellys Directory 1871 Carn Galver tin mine, Zennor is on the border of the parish of Zennor, adjoining Morvah, 3 miles from Zennor churchtown, and 6 miles from Penzance, which is the nearest shipping place and Railway station. It is held under a lease of 21 years from 1871, granted by messrs. R. DODD and CORNISH, and pays dues of 1-20th. The adit is 70 fathoms below the surface, and the shaft is sunk 130 fathoms. The ore is crushed by a compound steam engine, which is fitted with two pneumatic stamps, and which will do the work of 16 of the ordinary kind in use. There is a considerable accumulation of water, which is being pumped out by steam power. Since May 1871, about 15 tons of ore have been procured, and it is calculated that when the water is reduced that from 12-15 tons of ore will be raised per month. At present about 70 hands are engaged in the various processes. The Company Limited is in 10,000 shares of £1 per share. Purser Thomas Willis FIELD. Chief Agent John ROACH

Kellys Directory 1872. Carn Galver tin mine, Morvah is held under lease for 21 years, granted by Henry WHITE esq., at a royalty of 1-20th. The known lodes on the sett are four. Cross-Courses several. The dip is 2ft 6" in the fathom; depth of engine shaft is 90 fathoms. Country is granite. The mine is worked and drained by a steam engine of 30-inch cylinder. This mine was re-opened by present adventurers in 1872. The company is on the cost book system. Purser T. W. FIELD. Manager and Agent John ROACH

St Ives, Zennor and St Erth Mines