The Mining Exchange in Redruth, Cornwall is in Alma Place. It dates from 1880 and was where local dealing in buying and selling stock took place. Mine Captains were fined for swearing here, their swear maoney going to the local Hospital.The Mining Exchange cost £500 to build. The building underlined Redruth's role as the 'mining capital of Cornwall'. It is thought to be designed by local architect Sampson Hill.
It was a time when Cornish banks flourished and the mining exchange in Redruth was in constant contact with the London stock exchange by the, then new, electric telegraph.
The Mining Exchange is now a 'listed' building. Its frontage can still be seen and it is s now used as a housing advice centre for the local district council.