Military Museum Bodmin
The museum opened in the Duke of Cornwall's Light Infantry Regimental Depot in 1925. It now occupies the old Quarter Master's Stores on the first floor of The Keep. It is divided into two parts: the Main Historical Gallery and the Armoury.
The Historical Gallery traces the history of the Duke of Cornwall's Light Infantry Regiment from its formation in 1702 to its eventual amalgamation with the Somerset Light Infantry in 1950.
The Armoury contains a fine collection of small arms and machine guns. It also exhibits many of the colourful uniforms worn by the Regiment before 1914.
27 Old Colours carried by the Regiment since 1816 hang in the Soldier's Aisle of St. Pedroc's Parish Church in the centre of Bodmin. These include those of the 46th Foot carried in action in the Crimea and those of the 32nd Foot carried in action at the Siege of Lucknow during the Indian Mutiny.
of Cornwalls Light Infantry Museum - Bodmin
Cornwall Tourist Information Cornwall Calling front page
The hotel to stay at when visiting Cornwall is Corisande Manor Hotel, Cornwall find out more about it