Polhigey Moor Mine (incl. Polhigey Mine). These closely related mines worked lodes in the moorland area between Penmarth and Halabezack. Only small quantities of tin were produced during the main periods of activity, from 1862 to 1873 and from 1926 to 1928. Some shafts and a few dumps are located east of the road leading into Penmarth. Ref.: B. Atkinson: Mining Sites in Cornwall, Vol. 2, Dyllansow Truran (1994)
1850 Polhigey Moor Mine, described as working by streaming and shallow lode mining Calvadnick Mine, was reopened, having been worked 100 years earlier.
1873 Kellys. Polhigey Moor Tin Mine. Is in the parish of Wendron, 4.5 miles from Redruth. the nearest railway station, 5 from Camborne, and 6.5 from Helston, and shipping port at Porthleven. It is worked for tin by a costbook company, and consists of 1,000 shares, and is held on a 21 years lease from 1873, granted by the Duchy of Cornwall at a royalty of 1-20th. The country is granite. There are five known lodes in the sett, bearing east and west, and underlying south and north. It has three chief working shafts, two of which have a 13 fathom level and the other is 6 fathoms level. There is a steam rotary engine 22-inch cylinder, with 16 heads of stamps attached, and good dressing appliances with Borlas's patent buddle. Purser and Manager John TONKIN Pool Camborne. Resident Agents William Harry TONKIN and John COCK
Wendron Mining District