Trevarrack Mine, Cornwall

Trevarrack Mine, Cornwall

Kellys Directory 1873 Trevarrack United tin mine is in the parish of Lelant, 2 miles from St. Ives Road station. It is held under lease for 21 years from the year 1871, granted by trustees of the late W. PRAED esq., at a royalty of 1-18th. The country is granite. The dip is 3 feet in the fathom. Known lodes are several. Known cross-courses three. The mine is worked and drained by a steam engine of 36-inch cylinder. The mine was opened in 1871. Mineral found, tin as yet only in small quantities. The company is on the costbook system. Depth of engine shaft, 62 fathoms under surface. Purser Christopher STEVENS. Manager James POPE. Agent Thomas PEARCE

St Ives, Zennor and St Erth Mines