Trebisken and Trebellan Mines (Wheal Cubert; Cubert United; Wheal
Mexico; Trebisken Green and Mount), Cubert, were
two small mines worked to the south of Cubert village.
Trebellan mine is about 0.5kms ESE of Trebisken.
The mines developed two N-S lead lodes crossed by an E-W lode.
Hamilton Jenken equates Trebisken mine with the Treworthie mine described by the German Ulrich Frosse in 1584. And was also worked by another German Burchard Kranich at the time of Queen Mary 1553-58.
The next recorded working was about 1785. Philip Rashleigh also visited the mine and obtained a specimen of native silver. After this time the mines were reworked on a number of occasions to about 1864.
1140 tons of lead ore
6550 oz of silver (from lead ore)
In 1829-30 £4000 worth of ore was produced
Mines on the North Cornwall Coast