South Condurrow Mine lies to the southeast of Camborne on the western edge of the Great Flat Lode. The sett is bounded to the east by West Wheal Basset; to the south by Wheal Grenville Sett, to the west by Tolcarne Sett and to the north by Pendarves United Sett.
This mine first appears ass only operating for a short time before closing in 1830.
In 1844 Great Condurrow was reopened along with a mine called 'Old Tye' located about 300 metres to the south. Old Tye Mine was renamed South Condurrow Mine in 1850 and worked for many years before producing any profitable tin in 1864.
South Condurrow experienced major problems with flooding, especially during 1872. However they luckily encountered a rich shallow dipping ore body - what we know today as the Great Flat Lode. And the mine was able to pay a dividend for the first time in 1875 and continued to be profitable and pay annual dividends until 1893.
South Condurrow had enlarged its operations to the south west with Marshall's Shaft being sunk in 1881, but this was not a successful investment. Further slumps in the price of tin in the 1890's caused South Condurrow to struggle again. The mine paid its last annual dividend in 1893 and finally closed in 1896.
In 1897 the older sections of the mine were offered to the Camborne School of Mines as a training base for future miners. South Condurrow was renamed King Edward Mine on the accession of King Edward VII in January 1901.
Granite plaque at entrance to King Edward Mine (formerly South Condurrow).