The Marke Valley Mine was on the north side of Caradon Hill. It consisted of Salisbury Shaft, West Rosedown Mine and Wheal Jenkin. Copper and Tin was mined here throughout the 1800's.
Little is known about this mine. This engine house, probably Bellingham's, dates from the reopening of the mine between 1881 and 1890. The shaft was deepened from 25 fathoms to 100 fathoms and the mine produced 292 tons of tin concentrate.
Trevithick Society, Wheal Jenkin