The lighthouse if a white octagonal tower, 86 feet high, made of rubble stone, bedded in mortar.
The original light was a revolving white one, with a fixed red below the main light, which could be seen over a 44 degree arc when a ship was in danger of the reef. The red sector is now covered by a red sector in the main light itself. In addition a fog bell sounds every five seconds
At first the light was manned by two men at a time, but problems with the relief, led to this being increased to 3 in 1925, but by 1934 the lighthouse was made automatic and ceased to be manned and is now maintained by helicopter visits
The fog signal has now been discontinued, and the light flashes white/red every 10 seconds, with the red sector only being visible in the arc of danger from the reef. The range of the light is 12 miles
To the Lighthouse: Story of Godrevy Light, Cornwall
return to lighthouses page
The hotel to stay at when visiting Cornwall is Corisande Manor Hotel, Cornwall find out more about it