West Cornwall Golf Club is on the southern shore of St Ives Bay at Lelant. A testing 18 holes course with lots of spectacular scenery.
West Cornwall Golf Club is a true, natural Links course with fine turf, for both the low and higher handicap player alike. It is the oldest golf club in Cornwall. ‘Long Jim’ Barnes, one of the small number of players who have won an Open Championship on both sides of the Atlantic, learned the game as a caddie here. Facilities include: bar, a la carte restaurant, pro-shop, putting green and practice ground. Handicap requirements: Certificate required.
The original 9 hole course was laid out in 1889 by the Reverend RF Tyacke, vicar of Lelant Parish, who was Club Secretary right up to the time of his death in 1901. The current 4th now ‘dogs legs’ around the St Uny Churchyard, which remains out of bounds.
West Cornwall Golf Club is located in the village of Lelant, on the road to St. Ives.
Course Length is 5894 yards. Par and SSS is 69.
West Cornwall Golf Club
Cornwall Golf Courses