St Buryan is in the Land's End district and is located in the far west of Cornwall.
St Buryan, Cornwall is named after St Beriona, daughter of an Irish chieftain, who established an oratory on the site of what is now the church. The church has a four-staged tower that is used still as a landmark by fishermen entering Mounts Bay
A mile to the north of St Buryan is the Neolithic Stone Circle of Boscawen-Un which has 19 stones and a leaning central pillar. It is over 5000 years old. The first meeting of the Bards of Cornwall was held here in 1928. The circle is a few hundred metres south of the A30 west of Drift, 1.5km north of the village.
St Buryan, Cornwal genealogical information from Genuki
People Places & Past Events in St Buryan Jim Hosking