"St Blazey is situated in the deanery and Hundred of Powder. It is bounded on the south and south-west by St Austell, on the north by Luxulyan, and on the east it is separated from Tywardreath by the river Par. The parish is named after Saint Blaise, and had been known as Landrayth until the 16th Century; various spellings of Landrayth such as Landrait may be found. The village lies on the main road to the east of St Austell. It is on the eastern edge of the china clay workings around St Austell and the village probably owes its existence to the industry. It is now a satellite village for workers from St Austell, and is closely linked to St Blazey Gate, which is that part of the parish on the western side towards St Austell. The parish is hilly with some woodland on the valley edges. The parish of Biscovey (Par) was formed out of St Blazey in 1847."
St Blazey Census Information
Old Photographs of St Blazey
Genuki Information on St Blazey
Return to Map of Cornwall - Gazeteer