Sennan Cove comes complete with lifeboat station (opened in 1853) and surfing beach, and is the most westerly village in England. Legend says that King Arthur and seven Cornish chieftains defeated the Danes here, and held a feast to mark their victory at a large rock known as Table Men.
West of Sennan Cove there is an Iron Age fort at Maen Castle.
Sennen Cove harbour has an old wooden building that houses the original ropes and windlass for hauling boats out of the water. The harbour supports a small fleet of commercial fishing boats, plus some pleasure boats. The largest boat is 5 meters. There is an electric winch to haul the boats across the beach and onto the slipway depending on the tides.
Sennen Cove Harbour is a Trust Port (established as such in 1907). The Harbour Commissioners come from Harbour users and local authorities and organisations. The sea area of jurisdiction of the Harbour Commissioners extends from Aire Point at the northeastern end of Whitesand Bay across Gwenver and Sennen Beaches, around Pedn-men-du Point to the Irish Lady Rock .
Founded in 1853 , The Sennen Cove RNLI Station is one mile northeast of Land`sEnd. Sennen Cove has two slipways, allowing the Mersey class lifeboat to be recovered in the shelter of the breakwater at high tide, or up the launching slipway at low tide. The station also operates an inshore D class lifeboat
Whitesands Beach. This west facing beach of Sennen Cove enjoys good surf and spectacular sunsets. Grassy hills and sand dunes planted with maram grass roll down to meet the white sand. There is a surf school located alongside the beach. The beach is surrounded by an area of outstanding natural beauty.
Sennan Cove Old Success Inn is a 17th century building with views across the bay. The Old Success became an alehouse over 300 years ago, and was no more than a pair of granite cottages with a thatched roof. Many alterations and extensions to the Inn have taken place over the years, and for a short time in the early part of the 20th Century the name was changed to Whitesands Hotel, although the original name was later reinstated.
A nearby rock is known as the Irish Lady and is apparently named after the sole survivor of a long ago wreck. She was seen clinging to the rock, but drowned before she could be rescued.
The Round House and Capstan gallery is a 19th century building with a converted net loft and can be found near the harbour. It housed the huge capstan that was used to haul the fishing boats up the beach. The capstan used to be in the open and probably came from one of the local mines which sold them off when they mechanised. The building was erected in 1876.
There are numerous ancient sites in the area in addition to relics from the once thriving tin mining industry.
To the east, at the top of the Penberth Valley, lies Penrose, once the seat of the family of that name, and site of smugglers tales and skullduggery
Sennen Cove Lifeboats: 150 Years of Lifesaving Nicholas Leach