Portholland East and West are small hamlets with only 40 permanent residents. Portholland has two separate coves at high tide, but at low tide they are linked by a sandy beach.
Portholland properties are in the main owned by the Caerhays Castle Estate, one time home of the Trevanion family. In 1860 the estate was sold to the Williams. Caerhays Castle, is located in a sheltered valley overlooking Porthluney Cove on the South Cornish Coast equidistant from Truro and St Austell.
Portholland East and West have remained largely unchanged for over one hundred years. Commercially there is only one small shop and Post Office.
Portholland East has a very small car park atand a few parking spaces at West.
Portholland old photographs