Lelant, Cornwall is on the estuary of the Hayle River, and Lelant is 3 miles from St Ives.
Lelant in the Middle Ages was a port, but the river eventually silted up, and the port declined. The estuary is now salt marshland, and a sanctuary for wading birds.
The railway station is the starting point for the Park & Ride for St Ives.This is a 3-mile journey to St. Ives on one of the frequent trains along one of the most scenic lines in Cornwall. You arrive within easy walking distance of the town centre, harbour and beaches. Trains run approximately every half hour (hourly in the late evening).
Abbey Well, Lelant. It is situated in the grounds of the old house known as the Abbey. The area around the well had a structure built of large granite blocks, on one of which is inscribed the date 1612. The history of the well is uncertain but the house was once connected to Syon Abbey and it may be solely because of this that the well is considered holy.
St Euny's Well. From Lelant to Carbis Bay it is situated at the end of a path leading towards the coast , and signposted from the Carbis Bay end. Now known as a wishing well, it consists of a rock cut basin and a small spring, the water flowing into the basin and then down the cliffs.
The golf course is particularly scenic, with views over Hayle Towans and Godrevy Lighthouse.
In the sand dunes is the church of St Uny. This is a 15th century church that is in constant danger of being overwhelmed by the shifting sand dunes. Extensive plantings of marram grass have been made to stabalise the sand in the dunes.
Rosamund Pilcher was born in Lelant, Cornwall in 1924. Pilcher began her writing career in 1949 as an author of Mills and Boon romances
Lelant, Cornwall genealogical information from Genuki