Baldhu, Cornwall is a parish named after the Cornish for Black Mine. It was formed on 1st January 1847 from parts of Kea and Kenwyn parishes. A little to the south of the Truro to Chacewater road, in the old parish of St. Kea, lies an isolated Anglican church of St. Michael and All Angels Church,. The church has been abandoned and is boarded up.
Baldhu, Cornwall was originally a small mining village above the Carnon Valley to the West of Truro. All of the mining in the area has now ceased but there is much evidence of its past. The mine at Wheal Jane was the most recent mine to close in the late 20th century. The area has many buildings once occupied by the local miners.
Billy Bray, a miner evangelist preacher is buried on the south side of the Victorian Gothic building.
Baldhu, Cornwall Genalogical Information from Genuki
Photograph Shiela Russell