Food and Drink in Cornwall
The West Country is known for lots of fresh produce that comes from the area,
some good, a few over commercialised.
Follow the links to a page giving further details and recipes
- Cornwall Restaurants - Cornwall is not known
for its haut cuisine - this is a list of good restaurants that we can personally
- Fresh fish is particularly good. (we like the local
crabs, lobsters, plaice, sole, sea bass, mackerel, mussels, scallops)
- Cornish Pasty - It is ubiquitous in Cornwall, however
it is difficult to find really good ones.
- Clotted cream is a real regional specialty that
never seems to have reached the rest of England.
- Cider, Scrumpy and Mead, if you search out the
genuine article, is like nectar.
- Cornish wine should be more readily available,
somehow not many vineyards have come here
- Smoked fish and meat given the good fish supply,
if you know where to look there are some great small smokeries. Bring some
home with you.
- Cheese from Cornwall Cheese from Cornwall comes
from a number of small producers.
- Cornish-beers A number of local Cornish
There is a nice write up on Cornish food on AboutFood.co.uk
telling of some of our specialties
Cornwall Tourist Information
Cornwall Calling front page
The hotel to stay at when
visiting Cornwall is Corisande
Manor Hotel, Cornwall find out more about it