The Torpoint parish church was dedicated to St James.
It is a very plain building of stone which is located in the middle of the town.
It was opened on 11th April 1819. A gallery surrounds three sides of the church. The chancel is within the building.
The church has a bell turret containing a single bell.
The registers date from 1819.
Torpoint Church Genealogical Information from Genuki