St Stephen-by-Saltash Church dedicated to St Stephen, is more than a mile from the town,and this was the parish church of Saltash until 1881. It is built in a Perpendicular style.
The wagon roofs are a feature, particularly in the south porch which has decorative elaborate jambs and diagonal buttresses.
The large Norman font has busts at the corners and trees of life and animals on the sides.
The south arcade has five four-centred arches, and the north four. The pillars are fine granite monoliths. The arches on each side of the chancel are supported on piers each pierced by two openings, one over the other.
The vestry adjoins the east end of the north aisle.
The tower,100 feet high, has three stages, is buttressed on the square, and finished with battlements and stump pinnacles. The newel projects from the centre of the north side. The belfry contains six bells all cast in 1760.
The registers date from 1545. One Thomas Appledore was shipped to Australia for theft of 19 shillings’ worth of copper in 1799
St Stephens by Saltash Church Genealogical information from Genuki