Landrake Church is dedicated to St Peter. Landrake Church has a 100 foot tower on the top of a hill and a Norman font similar in style to that of Altarnun.
Landrake Church comprises a chancel, nave, north aisle and south transept. The arcade consists of four four-centred arches of free stone. The north porch is very shallow; it is buttressed and finished with crocketed pinnacles. There is also a south porch and a priest's door. The tower is about a hundred feet in height from the foundation; it is of three stages.
At the time of King Canute, the Monks at the priory at St Germans were responsible for taking the services at Landrake. The Doomsday book said the church was made of wood and wattle and of Saxon origin at that date. A few years afterwards the church was replaced by a stone one, around 1100. The building of the tower commenced in the late 14th century and took 50 years to build. The stone came from the nearby Tartan Down Quarry at Landrake.
In 1361, the Rev. John Brimboyt died of the black death, as did many of his congregation.
Act of Uniformity was passed in 1662, requiring the amended Book of Common Prayer to be used in all the churches of England. The vicar here was a Puritan called Jasper Hicks. He would not accept the new prayer book and was therefore deprived of his living. Although he had been vicar of nearly 30 years, he was ejected and lived on an estate in the parish. His successor, Philip Wynell, fined him £40 for holding services in his own house. He died in 1677 and was buried under the porch of Landrake Church.
A clock put on the tower in 1671, and the present clock, built by Richard Almond of Devonport,put on in 1848. It is wound up by hand every three days.
The church was restored at a cost of £1658 in 1877
Landrake Church has seen a Landrake local choir make a CD here
Landrake Church genealogical information from Genuki