Antony Church has the most spectacular early brass in Cornwall dedicated to Lady Margery Arundell 1428. The eastern parts of the chancel date back to the rededication of this church in 1259.
Once called Antony-in-East, Antony St Jacob, and East Antony, the parish is now just called 'Antony'. The parish is named after the saint and possibly Anta's Farm, and was mentioned in the Domesday Survey of 1086. The village is situated in the South East corner of Cornwall to the immediate West of the River Tamar. It is called Antone in the Domesday Book of 1086.
The Antony parish church was dedicated to St James (the Great) on 14th October 1259. The present church is thought to have been built around 1420. It is above the village, and the ascent to it is by three or four flights of granite steps.
The arcades are of Tudor arches of granite, the pillars are also of granite and chiefly monolith.
The church was completely renovated in the middle of the 19th century. The old bench ends in the church have been incorporated into the pulpit and the stalls in the chancel.
Maryfield is another Anglican Church (formerly a chapelry). The building is small and plain in the Decorated style consisting of a chancel, nave, transept and a north aisle. There are several stained-glass windows. This little church is in the grounds of Antony house and designed in 1865. Inside are marble columns with red and white arches. It is said that the first bomb of World War II fell nearby.
Antony House Antony House is run by the National Trust